- Important Dates
- Rules & Regulations
- Brewery Selection Lottery
- Registration Fees
- New in 2019
- Beer & Food Pairings
- Menu Development Tasting (Sample Beers or Tasting Notes Required)
- Beer Style & Packaging Recommendations
- Hotel Accommodations
- Sending Beer for the Event
- January 4-11: SAVOR selection lottery
- January 16: Breweries notified if randomly selected to participate or not
- January 17-25: Brewery & Beer registration
- February 1: Beer samples due for menu development tasting
- Late March: Breweries notified of SAVOR pairings
- May 6-10: Beers due to host distributor
- May 17: SAVOR: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience
- Breweries entering the 2019 SAVOR brewery selection lottery agree to all requirements associated with the event.
- Brewery participation is open to U.S. professional brewery members of the Brewers Association (BA) that are currently Professional
- Packaging or Pub Brewer members as defined by the BA bylaws, or Associate level members who are craft brewers.
- A brewery owner, brewer, or the face of the brewery is required to be at their table to discuss beer and food pairings with attendees. Please, do not enter the lottery if this type of brewery representative is unable to commit to the event.
- Volunteer beer servers are not provided.
- A brewery representative is required to be at your table during the entire event. Entry into SAVOR includes three badges; this allows rotation of your representatives at the table. Additional brewery staff in attendance must purchase a ticket.
- Breweries entering the lottery will pay the associated registration fees if selected.
- Marketing materials are allowed at your table. Each brewery will have an 18″ x 18″ area to display promotional items. This area may be used to display marketing materials or give away brewery items. Since space is limited, smaller items work best. Keep the upscale atmosphere in mind when selecting promotional materials.
- Bottles or cans are preferred. Minimal exceptions are made for beers not available in this format.
- Breweries must provide the beer with a no-charge $0 invoice to the event’s host distributor.
Brewery participation at SAVOR is open to U.S. small and independent brewery Brewers Association members that are currently Professional Packaging, Pub Brewer or Taproom Brewery members as defined by the Brewers Association bylaws, and Associate Brewery members who are craft brewers.
To determine if your brewery membership falls into the Packaging, Pub Brewer or Taproom Brewery membership class, see Bylaws of the Brewers Association (PDF ~267 KB) Article VIII, Section 1 & 2 (page 8).
The 2019 SAVOR lottery opens at 10:00 am MT, Friday, January 4 and closes at 11:59 pm MT, Friday, January 11. Breweries will be notified if they were randomly selected on Wednesday, January 16, 2019. Notification is done by email with further details about event participation.
Entering your brewery in the lottery does not guarantee participation in the event. No late entries are accepted once the lottery closes. Breweries entering the lottery must agree to all Rules & Regulations associated with event participation including having an owner/principal of the brewery present at the event.
*Registration fees are based on a sliding scale by estimated 2018 production. No refunds for cancellations. All payments are due by January 25, 2019.
- 2 beers per brewery / 3 beers per supporting brewery
- 3 brewery representative badges
Additional Badges or Tickets
- Each brewery may purchase up to 6 additional badges for brewery staff working the event.
- Tickets to SAVOR may also be purchased for non-brewery staff attending the event. There is no limit to the number of tickets a brewery may purchase.
SAVOR becomes a one-night event, Friday, May 17, 2019. SAVOR continues with the Grand Market open floor plan on level one and featured producers on level two (charcuterie, chocolate, cheese, oysters).
The SAVOR menu is created by a culinary development team led by Adam Dulye, Brewers Association executive chef. Breweries help contribute to this process by providing flavor profiles of the two beers they wish to pour at the event. This information helps guide the overall development and flow of the menu for SAVOR.
Beers must be finalized by January 25, 2019. Then, the menu process proceeds with a tasting in Boulder, CO.
Brewers Association staff, certified Cicerones®, the SAVOR culinary team and local brewers meet to taste samples provided by the breweries to develop tasting notes for each beer. Once the tasting commences, Adam and his team write the menu. Food pairings for each beer are finalized before the end of March.
For the tasting in Boulder, please send one of the following options for each of your two SAVOR beers. These sample must arrive at the Brewers Association Warehouse by February 1, 2019. Supporting breweries need not send their third beer as it will not be paired with a menu item.
- two (2) – 22 oz. or 750 ml bottles
- two (2) – 32 oz. crowlers
- four (4) – 12 or 16 oz. cans/bottles
- Brewers Association
- SAVOR Tasting
- 3240 Prairie Ave
- Unit A
- Boulder, CO 80301
If your beer is not ready for the February tasting, please notify Kathryn Porter Drapeau. You will need to send detailed tasting notes to help the culinary team assign menu items to your beer. If samples are available closer to the event, we welcome the chance to try them. This could alter your assigned food pairing.
SAVOR is a great opportunity for you to send unique one-off creations from the brewery. Please leave your flagship brand at home. Session beers and classic styles are also encouraged! It’s also important to remember the season. While it might be cold and snowy when you register your beers, that winter warmer won’t have the same impact in May.
Variety is the spice of life and beer events! Not all the beers can be Juicy IPAs. If we start to see that too many of the same style have been registered, we will reach out to some breweries to request a different beer. Don’t be offended! We just want to create a well-rounded experience for all attendees.
Bottles and/or cans are preferred. Draught availability is limited. Please consider this when selecting your beer.
Participating breweries are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. A block of rooms at a discounted rate has been secured at SAVOR’s host hotel, Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, which is walking distance to the event venue.
The host hotel will also serve as a meeting place for those participating in the BA’s annual Hill Climb and the Guild Summit meetings. Breweries & Guilds participating in the Hill Climb are eligible to receive complimentary accommodations for a portion of their stay. Look for a separate email that has already gone out with information regarding the Hill Climb..
SAVOR breweries not participating in the Hill Climb or Guild meetings are responsible for booking and paying for their hotel. Please use the following booking link in order to secure your discounted rate: Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill Booking Link.
Deadline to receive this discounted rate is April 19th! Based on availability.
- Breweries send two brands of beer. (Supporting breweries may also send a third beer, which is not paired to any menu items.)
- Brewers should plan on a 864-1152 oz. of each brand. This comes to 3-4 cases of 12 oz. bottles/cans packaged as 24 per case.
- Please send the equivalent in other size containers (22 oz., 32 oz., 750 ml, etc.).
- Supporting breweries should send at least 288-1152 oz. of their third beer. (1-4 cases. 12 oz/24 per case)
- If the beer you are sending is only available in kegs, you will need permission to send kegs. Our recommendation for kegs is one 1/4 barrel per brand.
- Due to the quick turnaround for set-up and tear-down of a one-night event, preference is given to breweries that can bring bottled/canned beer.
- Both beer brands must be delivered with a no-charge $0 invoice to the host distributor in Washington, D.C.
- The delivery window is May 6-10, 2019.
Send all SAVOR beers to:
- Premium Distributors
- Attn: SAVOR
- 3500 Fort Lincoln Dr NE
- Washington, DC 20018
Shipping questions: Mike Aronson, Cellar Manager, Brewers Association
Event Questions: Events@BrewersAssociation.org